My Very First Mom Blog

🌻 #TheWhelanCubs

Hello there! My name is Hannah. I’m a yoga lovin’, cat lovin’, taco lovin’, hippie, holistic, bubbly tiny person tamer. Well.. They’re halfway tame.
The “They” I’m referring to are my two little hellions, Abe and Jack. Born a Taurus and a Leo, they are the strongest and brightest children, always eager to learn (aka get into things). They also stand their ground, firmly might I add, in any situation.
I absolutely adore my kids, ohhh my goodness. Having kids and being a mom has completely inspired me to not only be a better ‘me’ for my husband and kids, but to WANT to love myself each night as my head hits the pillow. Yeah, I’ll tell you the truth. It’s hard being a mama.. It’s a beautiful challenge filled with tears and laughter and lots of poop.

3 things I Learned To Do When I Became A Mom

1. Choose Happiness
I see that being patient with my husband and children can not only create a relaxed environment in the home but also create a relaxed state of mind. You say the same things over and over and over again, I know. “Feet on the floor, please” “Nice hands” “Please share your toys” “Who smeared poop on the wall?” Oh dear, the lovely broken record of motherhood. But, but, but, you have to stop and think to yourself: They are only this young once and I need to cherish these moments. Be patient with yourself and with your loved ones. My husband, Clayton, has grown so much as a father and I can’t describe how proud I am of him. I can’t thank him enough for the patience he has given our family.
Since I’ve started staying with the littles all day, things have gotten a lot quieter and less chaotic. I have time to meditate and learn more about conscious living. I’ve learned that family is my number one and always will be. I’ve learned to never ever beg anyone to stay in my life or to beg them to even pop in and say hi. I believe that good people come and go, the real ones will stay. Simple as that. Focusing on say Jack’s letter recognition and Abe’s tracing is something way better to think about than negativity. Keeping them stimulated, engaged, and excited through homeschool, cooking, art, yoga, outside play, walks, field trips, and play dates is my job. And with it all, I am happy.

2. Put The F****ng Phone Down
Let’s be real, how many times do you look at your phone? We spend a lot of time looking at texts, emails, social media, weather, etc. It sucks us in sometimes but I found that going phone-free for even just 2 hours a day untangles some stress. What I find most inspiring is that it has even been studied to eliminate suppressing negative thoughts as well. When Clayton and I go on date nights, our rule during dinner is no phones. We take a look around the restaurant expecting to make eye contact with some fellow taco lovers but no. It’s very awkward to watch a woman stare sadly out the window, waiting on her food while her boyfriend is looking down scrolling through Facebook. It’s hard to watch a husband manage his 3 overtired children while the wife is glued to her phone, like she’s oblivious to reality. I’m not afraid of the world changing into a technological advanced future, but I am afraid of technology changing how my babies view this world. I adore taking pictures, yes! I love online shopping (and I could do it for hours) BUT what am I missing while doing this? Having a personal goal set in place for phone usage has made my mommy life eye opening to say the least. Also, ever see an old woman at Wally World with that hump on her neck/back? Yeah. Google “text neck.”

3. Cook, Cook, and Cook Some More
So I’ve always heard that “boys can put it away” when it comes to eating. And that, my friends, is completely true. Although they eat quite a bit, my boys are very particular about what goes near their mouth. Born like their momma, veggies has always been a struggle in the household. I’ll be honest, mealtime scared me and still scares me; but when one gets creative with toddlers, there’s a good 75% chance mealtime will turn out a success! Recipes with hidden veggies in them, recipes the kids can help make, and even recipes shaped like animals can make all the difference in the world. My husband love love LOVES meat, Abe is a huge fan of breakfast foods, Jack is obsessed with fruit, and I can’t go three days without pasta ya’ll. We’re food lovers, for sure and I always incorporate everyone’s likes/dislikes while adding a dash of something new. Trying new foods has never been so fun! Learning not to give up on a healthy lifestyle has been our family’s best challenge yet.
I always keep adding more delicious recipes to my Pinterest too, check it out!
HannerNannr’s Recipes 🦄

Comments

  1. Can i come spend a day at your house?? I need some of those good momma vibes you're throwing out! I could learn a lesson or two from you I bet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love me some good vibes! Haha. We learn something new about parenting every day! ♡

      Delete

Post a Comment